Friday, October 14, 2011

Boy Chase Girl

I was with the kids at the park yesterday evening for a picnic.  I was sitting watching the kids play and I realized that Georgia and Scarlett were playing, for the first time ever, a rousing game of Boy Chase Girl with some local boys.  As I listened to their girlish faux-shrieks, it was more then a little unnerving to see my future flash before my eyes.  And then a little boy caught up with Georgia and she walloped him good.  He ran away crying and balance was once again restored in the universe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee, hee! I can totally picture the whole scene. Way to go, Georgie!! Hold those stinky boys at bay!!

Aubrey said...

So funny on so many levels. You are definitely going to have your hands full when they become teenagers, but then again I can't think of a single person who will be better at raising teenagers than you. In fact, I might send mine to you.

Just tell Georgia to keep walloping boys and all will be well.