Wednesday, December 22, 2010

This Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day

I have to admit...I've been so busy getting ready for Christmas that I just haven't been feeling all that...well...Christmasy. I even took every single ornament off our tree with Grinchy satisfaction (the kids would NOT leave them alone). *gasp*

However, after reading this, I've received a much-needed dose of Christmas spirit to do away with my Grinch-link sentiments. I'm tellin' ya now, it is well worth the read.

(blast you, Julia. I just put my makeup on and now I'm bawling my eyes out)

4 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

What a wonderful story. I love how this season helps people feel the love of the Lord and have the desire to share it with others. Beautiful. I hope, well, I will definitely be trying, to have this feeling in my heart all year. I want to feel this close to our Heavenly Father and Savior 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years from now. Thanks Whit for posting this. Love you and your darling family!

Sheffer's said...

Thanks for that story, whitney. As of a few weeks ago,we were wondering how we could put presents under the tree for our kids this year, but thanks to a few small miracles, our kids won't notice the difference from last year. I can't wait until I am able to give to others the way I've been helped.

Aubrey said...

Thank you for sharing. I understand the whole Grinch thing. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't even bother putting ornaments on our Christmas tree.

Megan said...

great story. you are pregnant, not a grinch. just blame it all on the hormones while you can. he he.