Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy (late) Birthday, Ezra Emil!

On October 23rd, my little Ezra turned a very big 3 years old. I can't even believe that he has gotten so big, so very, very fast. Ezra came into the world wiggling and wailing and hasn't changed much since.

In the weeks leading up to Ezra's birthday, I often asked him what he wanted for his birthday. Ezra, having a vague idea of what a birthday entails, informed me that he wanted to blow out candles and open a red present with Skittles in it, which are good for his tummy (Ezra-speak for an allergy-safe food). This is *all* he wanted, which he repeated many times over. Spencer, for one, was ecstatic because he assumed this got him off the hook for giving anything more to his first-born than a pack of 97 cent Skittles. Luckily for Ezra, I had bigger plans for his birthday.

On the long-awaited day, Ezra started off bright and early at preschool. There, they had their annual Harvest Fest, which Ezra assumed, as any egocentric 3 yr old would, was completely for him. Following this, they sang Happy Birthday to him, gave him a construction paper crown, and gave him some Skittles for part of his snack. After I picked up Ezra from school, he was very excited to tell me how his birthday went, thinking that was the beginning and end of the celebrations. It was quite the task to convince him that his birthday actually lasted all. day. long. *gasp*

After preschool, we went up to my Mom's house to spend the day and get ready for the evening's celebrations. Ezra got to help me make his cupcakes (he requested cupcakes instead of an actual cake, which was a-okay with me) and after they cooled, he and his cousin, Greyson, got to decorate some of them with sprinkles. Later, Ezra, Cooper (another cousin), and Greyson helped us make cheese-less pizzas for dinner.

Ezra and Greyson working studiously

There's that "cheese" face again...it's startin' to get a little old

After we had pizza for dinner, it was the long-awaited present-opening time. The kid made a haul. I'm not quite sure how it happened. I really didn't intend to spoil him rotten, I think I just don't really buy any toys the rest of the year, so they all have to be stuffed into his birthday and Christmas *shrug*

On to the orgy of gift-opening...

And, of course, the beloved Skittles...

After all the presents were finally opened, we ended the night with cupcakes, Luigi's Italian Ices, and Philly Swirls.



Happy Birthday, my wonderful Ezra! I can't imagine my life without you and I certainly wouldn't want to. You are my very special Ezra Sunshine and I love you with my everything.

10 comments:

The Wright's said...

Happy Birthday to Ezra! What a cute little three year old! Never, ever say his cheese is getting a little old...cause you will turn your back and he won't be doing it anymore! You think three years is fast, try six!

Coty said...

Happy Birthday Ezra! so big...

and is that little Miss Georgia in her high-chair...she has changed so much!!!

They are both scrumptious!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated sweet Ez. I love, love, love you!
I think that he deserved every.single.gift. (I'm the Auntie, I can say that. ;)

Jules said...

Wow! He's three already! What a sweet little boy.

All your kids are soooooo adorable!

Alabama Apples said...

Happy, happy birthday Ezra! Auntie Libby, Uncle Kit, Josiah, Gavin and Gunnison miss you tons! We love you and think you're a wonderful big 3year old!!

I LOVE his cheese face!!! Believe me, much, MUCH cuter than no smile, or eyes looking another direction. Love the birthday celebrations. Just wish we could have shared in it too. Lots of love!

Kika VilaNova said...

aw!! what a cute kid! Does time really go by that fast? I'm scared!

And by the way, you look FABULOUS on the previous posts with all the gory details and etc, FABULOUS!1 teach me! i want to look that good on the first picture with my baby :)

The Lund Five said...

Happy Birthday Ezra!! I hope you had a fun-filled day, that you got everything you wanted and more!!

Zachary said...

Happy Birthday Ezra! Your Mom did a fantastic job on your birthday. It looks like it was a lot of fun!

Craig Lifferth said...

Happy Birthday Ezra. The need tto change Harvest Fest to October Fest. It will do the kids good.

Jess said...

Seein Ezra's baby photo Scarlett does look like a girl Ezra!!! So cute! I love the birthday cupcakes and the kids looked like they had so much fun. Happy Birthday Ezra!