Monday, July 21, 2008

Can we Build, Say, and Buy it? Yes we can!

Ezra's been really into building with his blocks lately. He likes to build big monsters and buildings, in particular. I'm especially proud of him because he does these really big, complicated structures all by himself, with absolutely no help from mom and dad. No small feat when you're two. Here's a picture of one of his most recent creations. Sorry if it seems a little blurry...I realized after the fact that Ezra had been playing with my camera and had gotten the lens all smudgy.


Now, I just have to brag about Georgia for a bit. Ezra's always had a fairly large vocabulary for his age, but comparing what he said at under 14 months, he had nothing on Georgia. She talks SO MUCH. She says Mama, Dada, Ez, more, bye-bye, no, bow, hello, nose, this, amen, boo (for peek-a-boo), baby, book, ball, and makes the animal noises for a dog, cow, pig, rooster, and duck (and does fishy kisses and lizard tongue). As an added bonus, she also signs please, eat, thank you, more, and all done (but not very reliably). I'm sure a lot of it is because Georgia's a second child, so there's so much more verbal interaction going on around her, but I'm still verrry impressed.



As for other news, my mom, sister Stephanie (and her baby Ella), and I all went to Affair of the Heart (a massive craft fair) in Tulsa on Saturday for a Girls' Day. It was loads of fun and I made a hall. Poor Spence didn't know what hit him as I usually only bring home one little purchase or so, but on Saturday I just found so many great deals on things I had been looking for for a really long time. So, here they are...drum roll, please...


I've been looking for a small backpack for Ezra for months. He'll probably be going to preschool this fall, so he'd need one for that, plus with the new baby and an already-nearly bursting diaper bag, I figured it'd be handy for him to have something to pack his books/toys/snacks/epi-pen in all on his own. I actually saw this one at Affair of the Heart last February for $25.00, but I couldn't quite convince myself to get it then. After about five months of consideration, I snatched it up when I saw it this time around. Even better-it came with free personalization.


I can't even tell you how long I've been looking for a wreath for my front door. It's been years, at least. Frankly, I'm just too cheap to buy one at normal prices and not crafty enough to make my own. I'm a big fan of the particular type of the faux flowers they used because they're made with thick, velvety cloth and leather, and not the normal material. This one was a steal of a deal at $14.99.

This one was my only non-premeditated purchase. However, how can one not buy four fabulously cute boutique-quality burp cloths for the new baby for a grand total of $14.95 (that's less that four dollars each!)? Mostly, I gave into my whim because I haven't really bought anything for the baby yet and I'm getting ansy. I guess I've got to give into my girlish impulses occasionally.

Thanks for letting me brag about my amazing children and crazy-good deals. Have a fabulous day!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I am way impressed by your children! and your purchases as well. I think I am a lot like you... It takes a lot for me to actually buy something so I get really excited when I decide to actually make a purchase!
P.s. Georgia's eyes are amazing!!! Such cute kids.

patshala said...

Georgia is so adorable!! I love the green outfit on her in the picture. I like the new blog background too! The fair sounds like it was lots of fun!

Jules said...

Whit, your kids are gorgeous! And I totally have to agree with you on your purchase starategy. I think stuff over and over before I buy it, and it simply must be on sale or I will find a way to get it for less. Congratulations on the purchases! It takes me years to buy a wreath too. It's such a hard decision and when the time/wreath is right, you just know it, huh? Your new blog background is great--love it!

Coty said...

gosh, those babies are just sooo darn cute! and i love the bag idea, i've been mulling it over myself...my back aches after an hour of carrying the diaper bag i have right now, the boys can haul around their own metal trucks, sheesh!!!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love it...everything! The pictures of your "model babies", your brilliant purchases and your uber-cool background. Leave it to you to put us to shame. ;)

Alabama Apples said...

Love the background and my niecy and nephew are be-ooo-tiful! I can't wait to see you!

Alabama Apples said...

Oh, I forgot to add how much I LOVE your wreath! I totally want a new and improved one for my door...but I seriously can't find one for $15! Good choice of items purchased!!!

Julene said...

Aaahh great buys! I love shopping, and I love getting a good deal even more!

And wow! You've got some very smart little children!

Anonymous said...

Auntie Whitty,
I can't believe your blog! It is so special! The building of Ezra's is cool. What is that place that you got your van? All of Ezra's builings are great! Everyday I want to see them, but I don't live at your house. But I like to come visit.
Love,
Cooper