Saturday, June 19, 2010

Let's drive to where the road ends...

Spencer Owen, I'm cravin' a little mud on the tires.
How 'bout you?


There's a place I know about where the dirt road runs out
And we can try out the four-wheel drive
Come on now what do you say
Girl, I can hardly wait to get a little mud on the tires

'Cause it's a good night
To be out there soakin' up the moonlight
Stake out a little piece of shoreline
I've got the perfect place in mind
It's in the middle of nowhere only one way to get there
You got to get a little mud on the tires...

I tell you what we need to do is grab a sleepin' bag or two
And build us a little campfire
And then with a little luck we might just get stuck
Let's get a little mud on the tires

ps-eek! Has it been a week already? I promise, promise, promise a real-live picture post soon. Sorry, it was kind of a head-in-the-sand sort of week.

pps-I know, I know, I'm usually an "official" music video type person, but this video reminded me of my brother-in-law, Eric, so I posted it anyway. As the video-maker put it, it's "perrrty good."


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo, sounds like loads of fun to me! Anything out of the house is better than my Sat...oh well. I hope you get to get outta dodge and "get a little mud on those tires".

Kristyn said...

I loooove country music, so thanks.

And would you believe I actually thought my google reader wasn't working right b/c I hadn't seen anything from you? Too funny. And you deserve a break - heaven knows I take mine from blogging!! :)

Megan said...

Hey Whitney, do you guys live in Oklahoma? Just thought I would let you know that The Avett Brothers just added a new tour date in OK, and I know you like them too...but I couldn't remember if that's where you guys live still or not! Anywho...look into it and let me know!

Aubrey said...

I hear ya - I was actually listening to this song a couple of weeks ago thinking how nice it would be to get stuck somewhere with my husband and no kids...