Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How great is she?

Soooo...guess what I have sitting on my table?  A brand-spankin' new fall centerpiece!  Last winter my mom gave me some old fall decor, including a somewhat-mangy out-dated looking (sorry mom, but it's true) pumpkin full of faux leaves.  This autumn came and I pulled out my fall decor...along with the sad looking little pumpkin.  Well, this past weekend my mom decided to come up for an impromptu visit while Spence did a big ol' bike ride for the National MS Society (which we're all super-proud of him for!) and then went on a recruiting trip for his job down at OSU.  While she was here, she did a little...err...lot of sprucing on the mangy pumpkin.  It's definitely not mangy anymore.  A floral pick here, some berries there, throw in a couple of branches from the yard and...

voila! 


A fabulous centerpiece is born.

How great is she?  I mean, really?
Thanks mom!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What?!! I want one!! It's beautiful!! It's really a perfect fall centerpiece for your table. Leave it to Mom to reinvigorate a down on it's luck ol' floral arrangement. Just be-u-t-ful!!

Alabama Apples said...

Ummmm, love it!! So when do i get mom to my house for the revamping. I just get her here to help me clean puke-y kiddies on the drive. NOT fair, I'm thinkin'...

Alabama Apples said...

Ummmm, love it!! So when do i get mom to my house for the revamping. I just get her here to help me clean puke-y kiddies on the drive. NOT fair, I'm thinkin'...

Jennae said...

Yay for Momma and Fall!

Aubrey said...

Wooo - tell your mom if she wants to she can come decorate my house anytime. ;) Really, anyone who wants to can come decorate my house...

PatShala said...

Beautiful centerpiece. Ok, a little off topic here, but am I the only one that thinks you look like "Whitney", on the new NBC show? You are so cute!

holyoak said...

I guess I must agree with your two oldest... Geez, mom this IS getting awkward, a pet dead fly! You do need a pet! Maybe a Tree Frog to eat the flies? ; )