Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My Girl

It seems that Georgia often gets gypped in the attention arena of life. It's not that I don't think my baby girl is precious and gorgeous and spectacularly intelligent, it's that she seems so mellow next to Ezra that she gets overlooked. It's because of this that for today's post, I'll brag to all ya'll about my beautiful Georgia Marie.

Whitney, Spencer, and Georgia on her Blessing Day

Georgia was born on May 26th, 2007 at 7:25am after 24 hours of labor (the first 12 were merely uncomfortable, though). She was 7 lbs 6 oz and had beautiful dark hair and bright blue eyes. She was a really easy-going infant, and hasn't changed much since.

My beautiful baby girl

Mom and Georgia enjoying some quiet time together

Georgia loved to be held right from the start and would get mad whenever we put her down, whether she was asleep or not. She loves her big brother and always has. When she was little she'd smile at him when he walked in the room and now that she's older she'll laugh at his antics and follows him around. Georgia loves when he tickles and plays with her, although she doesn't love it so much when he covers her with blankets or tries to sit on her. Overall though, they're just the best of friends!

Ezra telling Georgia about all the great things in store

Ezra and Georgia posing for the camera

Georgia's always been pretty active (even in-utero), trying to keep up with big brother Ezra, so were weren't surprised at all when she started to roll over at just under four months and crawl at six months. She hasn't taken a break since.

Georgia movin' and shakin'

Georgia is just such a happy baby! She very much a Mama's girl and gets upset when I'm out of her sight (that includes 3-5 times a night:P). I like to call her my "hip baby" because it seems as if she's always attached to my hip! She's always smiling and giggling at the world. She's brought so much joy and laughter into our home that I can't even imagine life without her anymore. Our family just wouldn't be complete without her! In sum:

I've got sunshine

On a cloudy day.

When it's cold outside,

I've got the month of May.

Well, I guess you'll say

What can make me feel this way?

My girl.

Talkin' 'bout my girl.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a Cutie. She must have gotten all her good looks from her mom. Thank goodness she got her personality form her dad though:)

Aubrey said...

Gotta say... SOOO CUTE! I love your, "Ode to Georgia"! Haha! I feel the same way about Hyrum, how he kinda gets ignored alot more than Madi did when she was a baby, or even now. There temperaments are just so different. Hyrum is just so easy going, sounds like Georgia. Hey, they should hook up some time! :) You do have one cute girl!

Zachary said...

Awesome tribute! Sounds like an amazing little girl.

Anonymous said...

So cute!! She is such a pretty little girl. Jan is always telling me how beautiful she is. I love the pictures-especially the one with her looking at the Christmas tree. What a doll! I hope Gunner doesn't get lost in the dust with his big brothers. Can you bring pics with you (of your family) so I can frame them when you come? I love you! I'll have to give you a call soon. Give my neicey hugs and kisses from her absent auntie!!

Coty said...

Whitney, she certainly is beautiful isn't she? You've got quite the little 'protege'. Fun stuff. Oh, and be sure to teach her some loquacity...lol. She'll come by it naturally.
So sweet.

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, my cutie little niecie. I sure have a soft spot in my heart for her. She truly has such a beautiful personality. It was sure fun to look at the pictures of Georgia when she was little, I forget how quickly they really grow up. I love Goergia!!

Erica said...

So cute! I loved hearing all about your precious baby girl since I never got to meet her :) She is absolutely adorable!

Megan said...

what a cutie! I'm so sad I never got to meet her. She looks a lot like you:)

Kristyn said...

That was so sweet. As was the detail of Spencer trying to sit on her at times. That made me laugh! I love little updates like this on personalities and such. Adorable little girl!

Carrie said...

Georgia is SO cute! I loved all those pictures of her! Great... now you have me wanting a girl...