Wednesday, February 6, 2008

This is me procrastinating...

Spencer pointed out to me last night that I haven't posted for a while, despite being home from my trip since Saturday night. I realized then that I've been avoiding posting like a bad homework assignment. The thought of trying to sum up everything I did in Alabama is a little daunting. So, while I work up the motivation for a proper post, I'll give you a few tidbits to keep us all going.

Last night, instead of eating his dinner, Ezra was carefully arranging his grape halves into a little pile. After doing this, he informed us that said pile was his fire. He insisted we needed marshmallows and hot dogs for the fire. We were also supposed to be very careful, lest we "burn and owie and dead," as he warned us many times. This he said in a very serious tone with lowered eyebrows and everything. Spencer and I tried to take his warning serious, but didn't succeed much. Gee, I wonder who he learns his fire safety from...probably not Spencer:P

On the political front: I'm a little disappointed about last night's Super Tuesday results. Despite not being sure who I'm going to vote for, or even which party, I did have some high hopes for my favorites. Romney didn't do nearly as well as expected...that darn Huckabee. It's not that I'm anti-McCain or anything, it just would've been nice to see a Mormon on the ballet. I'm also not loving the Obama/Clinton split. At least it didn't all go to Clinton, I suppose. Overall, right now, I'm still vacillating on who to support, although I'm leaning towards Obama. Feel free to put your favorite candidate and why in the comments, I'd love to hear your opinions! Have a fabulous day!

12 comments:

Mark Nott said...

Yeah I'm really bummed about last night too. I don't like McCain. I'd seriously vote for Obama over him.

The Lund Five said...

So is Romney out for good? I didn't keep up at all on the primarys. I have no ides who i'd vote for at this point.

whitney said...

At last count, McCain had 516 delegates under his belt, while Romney only had 207 and Huckabee had 142 (it take 1191 to win the GOP). So while he's not out of the race entirely, his chances aren't looking too steller.

Smiley Family said...

Down with McCain! Down with Clinton! I wish Romney was doing better, but I think this election will go down in the history books as the year we voted in our first black president. I suppose he is the lesser of the two evils in the Democratic race. Clinton, in my opinion, is only in this race because she is a former first lady. If she didn't have that on her resume she would not have had a snowball's chance.

Crapos said...

I think Obama is an overall good guy but I'm dead serious about now wanting a Democrat in the oval office. Heaven forbid we get universal health care. Other than that he's not bad.

Erica said...

glad you're back. now I can look forward to lots of new posts from you :)

I voted for Romney just because he's LDS. But now I'm between Clinton and Obama. I need to do some research before I make any decisions though. It's a fun and exciting race!

Nathan and Esther said...

Ezra is cracking me up! I agree with you on the political front, I'd rather have Romney at this point.

Zachary said...

I'm just glad you are back in the posting world. I'll keep my political opinions to myself. I just invite each of you to figure out who your favorite candidate is and vote for HIM.

Alabama Apples said...

Cute Ez...I miss him so very much!! Give your kiddos loves from their missing Auntie!

Kristin Hanson said...

I have two major problems with McCain: 1) He's been in Washington long enough to become completley corrupt and because of that, I think he has too many hands in his pockets 2) I don't think he's a Republican, but is running as one because he knew he'd never get the democrats to vote for him. With that said, I'm with Ashley, I don't want to see a democrat in office. Neither Obama or Clinton would know what to do if another 9/11 happened. Romney would have been able to pull the economy out of it's slump - it took him a year and a half to pull MA out of their huge debt and create a sizable surplus. He did a similar thing with the Olympics. I'm totally undecided at this point. Although I will say that Huckabee is an idioy and I'd never, ever vote for Billary.

Kristin Hanson said...

PS I miss you like crazy and if you don't visit me while you are here, I'll hunt you down! :)

Anonymous said...

Cute little Ez! Fire..kill you dead!! Good work Whit!
*sigh* No more Romney. Not that I really thought that he had a real chance...a girl can dream, though. :)