Horribly sorry for the delay, my poor neglected readers, but alas, it could not be helped. I've been out of town (again) and so you'll just have to make due with the lapse of blogging. Never fear, though, I'll be making it up to you with another massive, major, ginormous, uber-post tomorrow-ish. In the meantime, here's a couple of things I've been meaning to share...
First off, a huge THANK YOU to one of my best girlfriends, Kristin, for recently giving me this most fabbity-fab award (...drum roll please...)
As a recipent of said award, I have to do these 7 steps...
1. Thank the person giving you this award.
2. Copy the award to your blog
3. Place a link to their blog
4. Name 7 tidbits people don’t know about you from reading your blog.
5. Nominate 7 Bloggers.
6. Place a link to those Bloggers.
7. Leave a comment letting those Bloggers know about the award.
So here we go...
7 Things You Probably Don't Know About Me (and probably would, frankly, rather not)
1. Growing up, I had horrible penmanship. It was just messy and not super-cute (which, in Middleschoolland, with its abundance of hearted "i"s is kind of a big deal). My sisters used to tease me about it all the time. In fact, I wasn't even allowed to write on the family calendar until I was like 16. To be honest, it hasn't changed much since. I still have one of the most illegible forms of handwriting I know (boys not included). I can count on one hand how many people can read my writing without much struggle (my mother-in-law is not included in that list).
2. Dirty ears bother me. wax, dead skin, gunk in general. all of which gross me out in the extreme. clean them out, people!
3. I don't bother picking up most outside toys. As you can get a bag of shovels and pails for a grand total of $3 at the Great and Spacious Building (ie Walmart), it's just not worth the hassle during those hot summer days. My husband, on the other hand, gets yelled at for leaving out the lawn mower.
4. My girls don't leave the house without some kind of bow in or their hair pulled up. End of discussion. I figure at least having their hair done will make us look a little less trashy. I do have 3 kids very close together, I'm very young, their clothes probably have juice and jelly down the front, and I will most likely be yelling at them at any given time, but by gum there's a bow in their hair.
5. I don't buy pants very often. I'll buy 2 dozen shirts before I'll buy a single pair of pants. It's hard to find a cute pair that fits and they're nicht so cheap. As that's the case, they simply don't get bought.
6. I've never owned a black half slip. I never bothered buying one as a teenager, but I've wanted one since I got married (garments stick to skirts and I don't want them showing if it has a slit). I've always meant to get one, but 5.5 years later, I'm still somehow black slip-less.
7. I majored in Art History while in college, but before that wanted to be a social worker. Sometimes, when I contemplate going back to school, I toy with the idea of changing my major to social work.
Now for my nominations...
Stephanie (although this one reeeally needs to update *hint hint wink wink*)
On an ending note, is this not the sexiest song ever? I love how it's sensual and intimate while still avoiding the overtness and crassness that's so common in today's music. The line alone, "keep your clothes on, I've got all that I can take..." is enough to make me all heavy-lidded and come hither-y. There's something about it that just makes me want to slow dance in the dark, barefoot in the kitchen.